LAST UPDATED JANUARY 15, 2018. THIS PRIVACY STATMENT SUPERSEDE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE FORKSPOT PRIVACY STATEMENT.
Forkspot Privacy Statement
Forkspot, Inc. a Delaware Corporation (“Forkspot” or “we”, “our” or “us”) operates the Forkspot Platform, including our website, mobile app, and social media pages (each of the foregoing, and all content, features, and materials thereon are collectively referred to as the “Forkspot Platform”).The Forkspot Platform is designed to facilitate your purchase of dine-in and take out meals from participating restaurants (“Forkspot Platform Restaurants”).
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting the personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you disclose to us. Personal Information may include, among other things, your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and/or any other personal identifier by which you may be identified or contacted. This Forkspot Platform Privacy Statement ("Statement") is designed to help you understand the type of information we may collect from our users (“user” or “you”) of the Forkspot Platform, how we use Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information that we collect, and how we protect your Personal Information.
Please read the following Statement carefully before usingthe Forkspot Platform. By accessing or usingthe Forkspot Platform, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to this Statement.
If you do not agree to this Statement, you may not usethe Forkspot Platform.
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501-6506 and the regulations promulgated thereunder, the Company does not permit children under 13 years of age to register on the Forkspot Platform and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you register on the Forkspot Platform or use the Forkspot Platform in any other manner, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
Information We Collect
When you usethe Forkspot Platform, we collect Personal Information, such as:
- Information you provide us when you respond to a communication such as email, or participate in any other feature made available onthe Forkspot Platform;
- Account information such as you name, device ID, email, photo, payment information, phone number and location data (via GPS and via Bluetooth);
- Demographic information such as your gender;
- Any other information, such as reviews, content, and biographical information, that you provide us; and
- Information you provide to third parties throughthe Forkspot Platform, including without limitation, information provided to our business partners.
We automatically collect non-personally-identifiable information such as: (i) Internet protocol addresses, (ii) domain server information; (iii) geo-location information, (iv) your browser type, language, browser settings and plug-ins, and other identifying information, (v) your operating system and application version, (vi) device types, (vii) device model and manufacturer, (viii) device identifiers, (ix) your device operating system type and version, and (x) pages viewed and other general tracking information.
Sharing Of Your Information
The Forkspot Platform may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, profile, and other information, including but not limited to, personally identifiable information, publicly or with other people. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others.
How Forkspot Uses Your Personal Information
Forkspot generally uses your Personal Information to:
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Send your orders to participating restaurants and otherwise communicate with you about your orders;
- Provide, personalize, and improvethe Forkspot Platform;
- Communicate with you about your use ofthe Forkspot Platform;
- Develop new products and services;
- Customize the advertising and discount coupons you view and recommend content to you;
- Fulfill your requests;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related tothe Forkspot Platform and for other marketing purposes of Forkspot;
- Protect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users; and
- As otherwise described in this Privacy Statement or in notices we provide to you.
If you correspond with us or submit comments or suggestions, we may also store your Personal Information on our servers. We may also use your information to verify your geographic location. We may use your geographic location and Bluetooth data to personalize our Service, to recommend content, determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location.
How Forkspot Discloses Your Personal Information
Forkspot treats its users’ information with the utmost sensitivity and does not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to third parties except as follows:
- We may share your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which your provide the Personal Information.
- We may share your Personal Information with your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share your Personal Information with others who perform services on our behalf.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe we are required to do so by law, or to comply with a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant, or other legal process.
- We also may disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect Forkspot andthe Forkspot Platform; or any rights, property, or personal safety of Forkspot or others.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to a buyer or other successor of Forkspot, whether by merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, in which personal information aboutthe Forkspot Platform’ users is among the assets transferred, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
How Forkspot Uses Your Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We keep track of the pages visited by each user and may aggregate certain non-personally identifiable information with data on the pages visited by other users to track overall visitor traffic patterns. We may also use third-party automatic data collection technologies (for example, Google Analytics or HubSpot) to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We use this information to, among other things, improvethe Forkspot Platform by making it more responsive to the needs and preferences of our users. We may also share this aggregated and anonymized data with our partners, advertisers, and other third parties. This information does not identify you personally.
Third Party Interactions
Forkspot takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect your Personal Information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, or disclosure. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Forkspot makes no guarantee that such Personal Information is free from access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction as a result of a breach of any of Forkspot’s safeguards. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained onthe Forkspot Platform.
If you believe that Forkspot has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Forkspot by e-mail at [email protected]. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Forkspot by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your Personal Information, including changes to your contact preferences, changes to or deletions of your information or content you post, and requests to opt-out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties by emailing [email protected]. Please note that deletion of your information or content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted onthe Forkspot Platform.
Your California Privacy Rights
You may have the right to know what Personal Information Forkspot has about you and to correct any inaccuracies. Further California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Forkspot Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please direct any such requests by email to [email protected] or by one of the other means listed below.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may revise this Privacy Statement. To help you stay current of any changes, we note the date the Privacy Statement was last updated, above.
Forkspot Contact Information
Please contact Forkspot with any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, your information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices.
Attention: Privacy Officer
Address: 315 Arden Ave Suite 4, Glendale, CA 91203
Email: [email protected]